Abstract Submission Guidelines
General Information & Deadlines
- Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by May 15, 2023, according to the instructions below. Abstracts received by e-mail or after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore cannot be considered for the programme or publication.
- Abstracts may be submitted on the following topics:
- Glucosinolates & Other Organosulfur Compounds
- Bioactive Peptides & Proteins
- Bioactive (Poly)Saccharides
- Fatty Acids & Sterols
- Toxins & Contaminants
- Functional Foods & Food Supplements
- Personalized Nutrition
- Nutrition Policy
- Bioavailability, Absorption, Distribution
- Metabolism & Excretion
- Gut Microbiota
- Edible insects as a potential source of bioactives
Select a preferred presentation method upon submission:
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts submitted by one presenting author.
- Corrections to the abstracts can only be made before the deadline of May 15, 2023.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and selected for oral or poster presentation. A preference for oral or poster presentation may be indicated when submitting the abstract. However, the final decision on how the abstract is presented will be made by the Scientific Committee. Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be based on the average score assigned by the reviewers.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book. Abstracts not suitable for publication will be rejected. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and formal structure. The organiser reserves the right to edit abstracts, if necessary, prior to publication in the Abstract Book.
- All submitters and presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail on June 12, 2023.
- All presenting authors are required to register by August 1, 2023. Registration along with payment of the registration fee is required by this date for the abstract to be published in the Abstract Book. Should the author fail to comply with either of these items, the organiser reserves the right not to include the author’s work in the Abstract Book.
- All abstracts must be written in English. If your abstract is accepted for an oral presentation, you must be able to give your presentation in English and answer questions from the audience.
- When submitting your abstract, consider and select the scientific topic (see above) and the preferred presentation method. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the final topic assignment after abstract selection.
- There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract. The order of co-authors can be changed if necessary by swapping the names in the list of co-authors. The first name is considered to be the main author.
- Maximum abstract length is 500 words. The system will automatically let you know whether you complied with the rules before accepting your submission.
- The following subdivision of your abstract is recommended but is NOT MANDATORY:
Picture Upload Guide
- Click the “Upload” button (1) and select the illustration you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the inserted image gallery (2).
3. When the picture is uploaded, the correct location and size can be checked. If you wish to change the dimensions, you can simply delete the inserted picture and upload it once again with a different size.
Should you have any questions, please contact the FBHC 2023 Scientific Programme Secretariat for any assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.